Thursday, July 26, 2012

More monstrous fun

I carried yesterday's momentum into today's class sessions and was able to come up with a couple more images that were enjoyable to work on as well as educational for my students.

The same technique was used for this happy fellow with binocular vision as with the previous entries. Col-erase blue pencil with black line and graphite to push the tonal relationships.


Next up I went in a different direction. Stylistically influenced by what a couple of my students were doing on their projects. Didn't get as far with the rendering as in the drawing above but it still came out okay. I can always go back and finish it up. 


Versatility is a key ingredient in an artist's skill set especially if you work as a character designer on a professional level. Comes in very handy when moving from project to project. 

Thank you again for taking the time to visit my blog. 



No comments: