Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Monster head color sketch

I've been tossing paint around a little more nowadays and it's good to be getting back into it. I really enjoy painting in the traditional sense with pigments and brushes as much as anything I would get into digitally. I looked through my archives for some inspiration and direction from past class demonstrations I've done and this image caught my attention. It's acrylics on watercolor board. I created it around 10 years ago in 2003. It's a good example of what can be done once proficiency with color is achieved. You can use a traditional painting medium for sketching in color just like you would use pencils or markers or anything else along those lines with just as much ease and success once you get on top of that aspect of your skills. Plus when you paint it gives your work an added aura. A feeling that it's a little more special.

No comments: