Friday, May 24, 2013

Little wolfman guy - process

In 2010 while teaching at California State University Northridge I created a demonstration using Photoshop on a Cintiq while projecting onto a screen. I had fun teaching at CSUN using this system. Here's something I came up with at the time. 

It started with a line sketch...


Then I added grayscale shadow and tone...


Next step was some pattern markings on the fur...


Finished off with a color tint...


But wait! I had the layers wrong! I actually started with the color tint...


Then added grayscale tone and shadow...


And ended up with pattern on the fur...


However the creation of the work went down it was an enjoyable experience and I got a good demo that everyone learned from and an intriguing character out of it.

No comments: