Sunday, November 24, 2013

Crash Bandicoot 1 - Crocodile and Shark

You may recall sometime last year when I posted some images of characters developed for Willy the Wombat / Crash that were never used. One of them being a crocodile. Here's the design I'm referring to followed by the revised version based upon Naughty Dog's input. The later drawing is dated April 1995.



Also there was a shark I created for the first Crash game. This is what I posted last year followed by a design for a hammerhead shark of sorts dated March 1995. I don't know if the hammerhead design or if the second crocodile design has been published before but I'm sure I'll find out soon thanks to the Crash experts on the blog.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great design again! The crocodile is still my favourite of all the designs you show us that never made into the game, He looks like a good guy that maybe owns an Hotel or a resort on the island.
I see that the shark never was an antropomorphic character but a normal Shark. The ones in Crash 3 look exactly like the first design you posted.

Unknown said...

Really nice designs Charles the first Croc. has a feel that he's in Acapulco. The shark designs are simple and to the point with really clean shapes.

Spola said...

This shark design was used in Crash 3 and even in later non-Naughty Dog games like Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing. And it's one of my favourite designs! :)

Charles Z said...

Hi Spola. Thanks for the info.

Gabriele and Mike, thanks for checking in with your comments.

Mister Gribouille said...

Dingodile??? Without the Dingo?? O.o OMG!