Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hello again

Hey everyone! Hope I haven't lost too many of you. It's been a crazy crazy month so far. Capped off by a major ceiling leak in one of my classrooms that caused a lot of water damage to some very important and expensive equipment. Only one cure for a bummer like this and that is getting back in a creative groove.

I hope you're doing well. Happy to be back and sharing some artwork. lately I've been inspired by some research I've been doing into the Impressionists and also art I've been seeing from fellow colleagues at the Burbank Art Association of which I'm happy to say I'm president. So I thought I'd treat myself to an evening of painting in the Visual Development class. It's been a long time since I got my acrylics and brushes out. I used a piece of illustration board and slapped some color around. This is the result after about an hour and a half or so. Maybe going on two hours. I'm a bit out of practice but it was good fun none the less. Will be doing this more often on a regular basis if I can. Depends if the ceiling panels cave in again or not.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that about the water damage. Though I'm glad to see you posting again :)
Awesome art.

Charles Z said...

Thank you Jeff! Hopefully the worst is over.

Charles Z said...

By the way the color on this piece is slightly off in what you see online. Blogger seems to change colors of things a little when posted. The original has a more sophisticated palette and isn't as candy apple bright as it appears here.

Unknown said...

Good to see you posting again Charles, hope all is well on your end.