Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Jesus concept - Christmas 2013

Well here it is another Christmas Day. I was thinking of creative ways to celebrate and since I had my acrylic paints out and some illustration board I acquired earlier in the year I though I'd have fun painting a picture of Jesus the Holy Man. My painting skills are a little rusty as I haven't done much of it in a long time. But I'm resolved to get back into the swing of tossing around pigments once again and this kind of study makes for good practice.

This is a pencil sketch that I painted over. I was striving to give him a mystic feel like he could look right through you. When the painting was scanned the colors were off so I had to do some adjusting in Photoshop to get the right effect plus I did a little extra tinting to push the contrast between the figure and the background. Analog with some digital touch ups. Turned out okay for a three hour sitting.

Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas to all the great folks I'm blessed to have visiting my blog. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's awesome I love it, one day I'll show you the Jesus piece I did.